Recipe by Vicki Q
Zesty and hearty... even pot roast snobs can like this one. Pair this with hot buttered garlic noodles and crusty warm bread for a stick-to-your-ribs meal.
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and crushed
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) canssliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy roasting pan, brown roast in oil on all sides.
- Add to pan beer, broth, onion, garlic, seasonings, mustard, paprika, seasoned salt, worcestershire, 57 sauce, tomato paste, hot sauce, and cayenne.
- Bring to a simmer and cover for 2 hours.
- Add mushrooms and olives, simmering covered for another hour.
- Remove roast from pan.
- Stir in cornstarch and parmesan, simmering until thickened.
- Slice roast against grain and return to pan.
- Simmer another 10 minutes.