Recipe by Winnipeg *Mel*
I got the idea for this recipe off of Tony Chachere's website.Thanks to my holiday swap partner, Susie in Texas, who sent me crerole spices. I altered to origional recipe and this is what I came up with.
Top Review by robbin.oakley
This is incredible!!!! I roasted a mixture of white and sweet potatoes to go with this..Wow!! I cooked the roast at 325 rather than 300 and it was moist and tender. At the end I turned up the temp for about 15 mins. to make sure the top was brown and little crispy. This is a great Ta Da Pork Roast!!
- 2 lbs pork roast
- tony chachere creole seasoning
- 1 bell pepper (any color is fine)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Make slits in the top of the roast.
- Add 1 tbsp creole seasoning to the vegetable mixture and stuff into slits.
- Rub seasoning over the outside of the roast.
- Place on roaster uncovered at 350F until roast is browned.
- Reduce heat to 300F cover and continue to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.