Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home Simple & Delicious Magazine, October 2008. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but am posting it for future reference. Author Ann Rogers, Ocala, Florida.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces pork loin chops, boneless
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over both sides of pork.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
Delicious! Equally good with rice or mashed potatoes. Used the higher amount of cayenne and it wasnt too spicy but had a kick. Will use the lower amount for the kids next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made for Zingo ZWT5. It all worked out fine and was a pretty good main dish. I used a chunky tom sauce and probably used more than the 8oz. I'm not so sure I like this method - I found by the time the pork was cooked, the celery and onions were still a little underdone. So I think I'd put it together differently if I make again. And you definitely want a flavourful tomato sauce to make this with. Thanks for posting!
This was made on 6/05/09 for the " Hot, Spicy & Tasty " event, and as part of mine and SO's dinner.Since there was just us two the recipe was made as follows, two large bone-in chops were used instead of the boneless. The rest of the recipe was made as written ( I wanted to use the extra sauce for the rice :) ). Since using bone- in chops, the cooking time was increased to about 5 to 10 minutes. After removing the chops, a slurry of cornstarch/water was added to thicken up the sauce. And the sauce was served over the rice. I really enjoyed the spicy taste, but SO really didn't care for it. So, that's why I gave the 4 star rating. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "