Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I love the addition of fruit to salads. To make this recipe vegan, substitute a vegan mayonnaise for the regular mayo. From Vegan Express. Since you can often purchase prepared veggies the prep time does not include the time to shred and dice ingredients.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Wow, I really liked this recipe. I must admit that I did not follow the recipe exactly. I happened to have a bag of coleslaw mix so I used it instead of shredding the vegetables separately. Also, I didn't have any sweet pickle relish in the house so I used my own canned pepper relish. This will be made again and again. The pineapple really gives this a nice refreshing twist. Made for ZWT9 and The Apron String Travelers.
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise (may use vegan mayo)
- 29.58 ml sweet pickle relish
- 4.92 ml yellow mustard
- 473.18 ml shredded green cabbage
- 473.18 ml shredded red cabbage
- 8 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 118.29 ml crushed pineapple for finely diced pineapple
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste