Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious, thrifty way to recycle leftovers. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked meat (leftover chicken, veal, or lamb)
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, cooked (canned is fine)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- breadcrumbs, buttered with
- Mix chicken, rice and tomatoes together; cook for ten minutes.
- Add vegetables; season.
- Turn mixture into a baking dish and cover with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for one hour.