Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
posted forZWT 5 Easy!
Make and share this Creole Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- Mix granulated sugar and vinegar in quart jar; add pecans and shake to thoroughly coat nuts.
- Place in shallow baking pan and toast at 250F stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Add butter or margarine and seasoned salt to taste, about 1/2 tsp, and toss to coat nuts.
- Continue baking until toasted.
- Cool and store in tight container. Refrigeration keeps them crisp.
Hey, Boo! These are GREAT! I've been sneaking a couple every time I go by them! I was interrupted after I put them in the sweet vinegar, so they were a little wetter than meant to be, but I'm going to fix them the same way next time! I love vinegar, any way, and the nuts just soaked it up. I had to bake a little longer, but I didn't care! The tbsp of butter was just enough to coat and hold on to the salt. I will be making these frequently! Thnx so much sharing your recipe, Carolyn. Made for PAC FAll 2009.