Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a New Orleans' friend. This pie is very good, and very sweet and very rich. Serve small slices with vanilla ice cream and coffee.
- Prebake the chilled pie shell, weighted down, at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Take out the weights and bake another 2.
- Let cool.
- Beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, pour into the shell, and bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This was wonderful! I put a little extra bourbon since I didn't want to get out the measuring spoon but no one complained! I will definitely make this one again.
Delicious! Smelling it in the oven made me wish it would bake faster! :)