Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a New Orleans' friend. This pie is very good, and very sweet and very rich. Serve small slices with vanilla ice cream and coffee.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pie crust, 9 inch,chilled
- Prebake the chilled pie shell, weighted down, at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Take out the weights and bake another 2.
- Let cool.
- Beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, pour into the shell, and bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This was wonderful! I put a little extra bourbon since I didn't want to get out the measuring spoon but no one complained! I will definitely make this one again.
Delicious! Smelling it in the oven made me wish it would bake faster! :)