Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
For the oyster lovers!
Make and share this Creole Oyster Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- In 10" skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Crumble it. drain all but 2 teaspoons bacon grease from skillet. Add bacon back to pan.
- Add 1 tablespoons unsalted butter to reserved 2 tsp bacon grease in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add oysters, green onions, and garlic.
- Saute until edges of oysters start to curl, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cayenne and salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half and a pinch of salt.
- Clean pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add 2 tsp unsalted butter and 2 tsp vegetable oil to hot pan.
- Add egg mixture and cook, lifting edges to let uncooked egg run under omelette, so that top is not too wet.
- Flip once and cook 10 seconds.
- Flip omelette onto large plate.
- Put oyster mixture in the middle and fold over omelette to serve.
This is so yummy and so easy to make. Even picky DH who doesn't care for cooked oysters enjoyed this omelet. Thanks, fellow Gourmet Goddess, Pesto lover! Made for ZWT9.