10 hrs 10 mins
If you don't have a smoker to make brisket, the oven is a good second choice. An easy way to make this is to set the oven to 225 degrees and let the brisket cook overnight or while you're at work. It makes a nice au jus you can prepare "BBQ French Dips" with, or just slice it and serve it with Cajun Coleslaw (#117204).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 225 degrees.
- 2In a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil, place the brisket, fat side up.
- 3Combine the water, liquid smoke, and BBQ sauce, pouring it over the brisket.
- 4Combine the Creole seasoning with the garlic powder and rub it into the brisket.
- 5Cover well with foil and bake for 10 hours, or until the brisket very tender.
- 6Remove the brisket to a platter and pour the pan juices into a sauce pan and reduce over a high heat by one half.
- 7Slice the brisket against the grain.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Oven Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1497.6
- Calories from Fat 1085
- Total Fat 120.6 g
- Saturated Fat 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 331.1 mg
- Sodium 1139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 77.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy bbq sauce