Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
If you don't have a smoker to make brisket, the oven is a good second choice. An easy way to make this is to set the oven to 225 degrees and let the brisket cook overnight or while you're at work. It makes a nice au jus you can prepare "BBQ French Dips" with, or just slice it and serve it with Cajun Coleslaw (#117204).
- 8 -10 lbs untrimmed beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups spicy bbq sauce
- 1 cup creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Heat the oven to 225 degrees.
- In a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil, place the brisket, fat side up.
- Combine the water, liquid smoke, and BBQ sauce, pouring it over the brisket.
- Combine the Creole seasoning with the garlic powder and rub it into the brisket.
- Cover well with foil and bake for 10 hours, or until the brisket very tender.
- Remove the brisket to a platter and pour the pan juices into a sauce pan and reduce over a high heat by one half.
- Slice the brisket against the grain.