Recipe by Shannon in VA
This was an excellent meal. I was actually surprised how easy it was. I served it with steamed carrots, broccoli and sliced french bread.
Top Review by FlemishMinx
This makes a zingy sauce which we liked alot, but probably next time I'll reduce the mustard by at least 1 TBS as it was the predominating taste. I used two chicken breasts for this recipe, which I chose to pan-fry rather than broil. I made the sauce in the same pan,first removing the chicken, then returned them to the sauce at the stage where you add the last three ingredients to insure they were nicely flavored. A very good dish, thanks for posting.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken pieces (thigh, drumstick, etc)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (Tobasco is good for this dish)
- hot steamed white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- lightly season chicken parts with salt and pepper.
- Broil chicken until no longer pink (about 5 minutes each side).
- In saucepan combine broth, orange juice and green onions.
- Heat to boiling about 4 minutes.
- Add mustard, honey and hot pepper sauce.
- Return to boil.
- Boil approx 5 minutes, until mixture starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken over white rice topped with sauce.