1/3 Photos of Creole Meatloaf (For ZWT-9)
1 hr 5 mins
Found at a cooking-by-country (or region) website, who does not smile when they see meat loaf on their dinner table? Pair this w/your favorite thick mashed potatoes & my also newly entered recipe for Louisiana Green Beans & you will feel like you are dining in Bayou Country. Enjoy!
My Private Note
6 oz se ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Meat Loaf
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large carrot (finely chopped or grated)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (heaping)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 teaspoons creole seasoning
For the Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C) & grease a 9-inch long loaf tin.
- 2Place all ingredients in a lrg mixing bowl & mix w/a fork until blended.
- 3Transfer the meat mixture to the greased loaf tin, shape into a 9-inch loaf & bake for 40 minutes.
- 4While the meatloaf is baking – In a sml bowl, mix the cornstarch w/a little water to form a runny paste. Then place the tomatoes in a saucepan w/the cornstarch mixture, salt & pepper. Cook over med-heat (stirring constantly) until thickened & set aside.
- 5After the 40 minute bake time for the meatloaf, sprinkle mushrooms over the meatloaf, spoon the sauce mixture over the top & return the meat loaf to the oven for a further 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Meatloaf (For ZWT-9)
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 202.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.6 g