Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From JoAnna M Lund's "Hot Off the Grill: The Healthy Exchanges Electric Grilling Cookbook", received in February 2009 Cookbook Swap. Perfect for your G Foreman grill. A mild spicy heat combined with sweetness; add Emeril's Essence or a few drops of Tabasco sauce for more zing. Please read reviews for insight on amount of Splenda and adjust to your own preference; a little bit of Splenda goes a long way. (I double-checked the source, and I typed the ingredient amount accurately.)
Top Review by Boomette
The patties are great. Great flavors. But the sauce, it's way too sweet. And I used only 1 1/2 tbs of Splenda. I should have omitted it. I used only 1/4 cup of green bell pepper cause I though it would be too much with 1 1/4 cups. And now I see that I forgot to add the breadcrumbs LOL The patties have a nice sweet taste probably because of the ketchup. Thanks Kate :)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 453.59 g ground sirloin or 453.59 g extra lean ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey breast
- 88.74 ml dried fine breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 295.73 ml green bell peppers, chopped
- 59.14 ml reduced sodium ketchup
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 226.79 g low-sodium tomato sauce
- 226.79 g diced tomatoes, undrained
- 29.58 ml Splenda granular
- 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Plug in and generously spray both sides of double-sided electric contact grill with butter-flavored cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.
- MAKE PATTIES:.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine meat, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, catsup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, form into 6 patties.
- Evenly arrange patties on prepared grill. Close lid and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- MAKE SAUCE:.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, Splenda, and parsley flakes. Cover over medium-low heat while patties are grilling, stirring occasionally.
- For each serving, place 1 patty on a plate and spoon about 1/4 cup tomato sauce over top.