Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From a cookbook I bought at a thrift store. Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 lbs leg of lamb
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except lamb for marinade.
- Place lamb in large double plastic bag and pour in marinade.
- Place bag and ingredients in a large pan and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from bag and put lamb on rack in roasting pan and pour marinade over it.
- Roast uncovered in oven at 325 for 2 and 1/2 hours (1/2 hour per pound).
- Add boiling water as needed to keep sauce from drying.