Recipe by Dancer^
My husband loves these, he has them with everything. I was not a big green bean fan until I tried these.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
Strange that this hasn't been reviewed yet as it's terrific! I recently read that more highly spiced food makes one feel "fuller". Well this recipe is a great addition to the weight-loss diet we're on. DH doesn't like his vegetables crisp, so we went for the mushy & it was still good. Think this would be a perfect picnic/buffet addition (with a little toothpick sign warning "Spicy!") Thanks Dancer.
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed mustard seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb trimmed green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, stir together the water, vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, garlic, bay leaves, salt and tabasco sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Arrange the beans in a shallow dish and cover them completely with the vinegar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold.