Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves these, he has them with everything. I was not a big green bean fan until I tried these.
- In a large saucepan, stir together the water, vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, garlic, bay leaves, salt and tabasco sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Arrange the beans in a shallow dish and cover them completely with the vinegar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold.
Strange that this hasn't been reviewed yet as it's terrific! I recently read that more highly spiced food makes one feel "fuller". Well this recipe is a great addition to the weight-loss diet we're on. DH doesn't like his vegetables crisp, so we went for the mushy & it was still good. Think this would be a perfect picnic/buffet addition (with a little toothpick sign warning "Spicy!") Thanks Dancer.