Prep 31 mins
Cook 10 mins
Whole grain mustard can be used for creole mustard. My fiance likes this with toast and turkey
- 1 ounce minced shallot
- 1⁄4 ounce crushed green peppercorn (brine- packed)
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce vegetable oil
- 6 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon coarse-cracked black pepper
- 2 ounces Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces creole mustard
- 8 fluid ounces basic mayonnaise
- 8 1⁄2 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces honey
- to taste kosher salt
- Sweat shallots and peppercorns in the oil; do not brown.
- Add white wine and reduce until wine is almost completely evaporated. Cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and check seasoning. Refrigerate immediately.