Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh wow! While looking for recipes for my Cajun/Creole Cookbook for ZWT9, I found this. Shamelessly swiped from foodgeeks.com, I edited it ever so slightly to how I've made hollandaise since I was 15. I love hollandaise & can't wait to try this version!
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 177.44 ml butter, cut into tablespoons
- 29.58 ml hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, minced
- 0 fresh lemon, juice of
- 2.46 ml ground cayenne pepper
- white pepper, to taste
- Beat yolks in the top of a double boiler.
- Add butter by the tablespoon & whisk in completely before adding the next tablespoon. Keep whisking.
- Add remaining ingredients. Whisk more. Serve warm.
- Good on eggs benedict, crab cakes, in a bowl -- .
This was fabulous served over cauliflower. We all loved the way it gave the cauliflower some extra zip. Thanks for sharing the recipe, which I will use often.
Yum, yum, yummy!!! I love to make my own version of Eggs Benedict, and this made that version even better!! I made 1/3 of the recipe and there was plenty for one serving, so I think the full recipe would serve 3 full orders of eggs benedict. Other then scaling it back, the only other change I made was to cut back on the hot sauce, I am a wimp when it comes to heat. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
Delicious! I made 2/3 of the quantity for two servings and that was plenty. I made an omelette with the reserved egg whites and served along with some bacon in a roll which made a great light lunch.