Prep 3 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is getting close to perfect. The last time I made it, I used jalepeno's and the heat wasn't enough. I tried this year with crushed red pepper and it just wasn't right.
- 7 1⁄2 lbs pork butt
- 7 1⁄2 lbs venison
- 15 lbs casings, hog
- 7 fresh bay leaves
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded
- 5 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup salt
- 3 teaspoons curing salt (Insta Cure #1)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (twice as much if fresh thyme)
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy protein
- Coarse grind for the pork and the venison.
- Mix seasonings with water.
- Pour in water and mix with meat.
- Let sit in refridgerator over night.
- Stuff and Smoke 3 hrs at 165.
- note: I usually freeze the links, and smoke them when before I eat them.