Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Southern delight. You either love grits, or you don't. Well I do, and this is a great tasting recipe.
- 1 cup grits
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp,and crumbled
- Cook grits according to directions.
- Stir in tomatoes, onions, and bacon.
- Place in a casserole and bake at 400ºF for 1 hour.
- May be assembled ahead, covered and refrigerated before baking.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Very good recipe. I used Italian tomatoes and this made a wonderful bruch dish. I split the recipe in 1/2 and adjusted the cook time to 30 minutes. Turned out perfect.