Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saw something like this in a restaurant and re-created it. My wife and a neighbor loved it.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 median onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- Rinse and clean the green beens.
- In a large sauce pan or wok sautee the green beans in the clarified butter for about two to three minutes. Add the onions, mushrooms and red pepper. You might need a little more oil as the green beans will soak up most of the butter. I normally add about 1 or 2 tablespoons of extra vigin olive oil. Sautee for about two minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to sautee until the mushrooms are almost finished. Add two tablespoons of water and cover and cook until beans are cook. Do not overcook the green beans. They should be crunchy. Add salt and pepper to taste. I tried it with some creole seasoning.and I liked it better with the creole seasoning.