Recipe by Dawn
If there is such thing as BBQ Green Beans then this is it. The green beans are sauteed with vegetables and bacon, then covered with a tangy sauce. These green beans are zesty, they'll stand up on your plate and shout, "Pick Me." My all time favorite way to prepare green beans.
Top Review by evewitch
I really enjoyed this, but I don't want to give stars at this time. I accidentally bought tomatoes with basil and garlic, and didn't realize it until I began adding the juice to the pan. These flavors didn't match completely with the rest of the recipe, but I can tell I would love it with the correct tomatoes!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 5 -8 slices bacon (Turkey Bacon works fine)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare green beans according to package, drain and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan crisp bacon.
- Remove and crumble back into pan.
- Add onion and green pepper and sautee until tender.
- Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- In pan mix flour, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce,mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain liquid from tomatoes into pan and stir juice into mixture.
- Bring to a boil and heat until thickened.
- Add tomatoes,sauteed vegetables and green beans, coat with sauce.
- Heat until heated through and serve.