Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
If there is such thing as BBQ Green Beans then this is it. The green beans are sauteed with vegetables and bacon, then covered with a tangy sauce. These green beans are zesty, they'll stand up on your plate and shout, "Pick Me." My all time favorite way to prepare green beans.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 5 -8 slices bacon (Turkey Bacon works fine)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Prepare green beans according to package, drain and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan crisp bacon.
- Remove and crumble back into pan.
- Add onion and green pepper and sautee until tender.
- Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- In pan mix flour, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce,mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain liquid from tomatoes into pan and stir juice into mixture.
- Bring to a boil and heat until thickened.
- Add tomatoes,sauteed vegetables and green beans, coat with sauce.
- Heat until heated through and serve.
I really enjoyed this, but I don't want to give stars at this time. I accidentally bought tomatoes with basil and garlic, and didn't realize it until I began adding the juice to the pan. These flavors didn't match completely with the rest of the recipe, but I can tell I would love it with the correct tomatoes!
I can't believe how much I loved this recipe!. It was incredibly easy to make and was good hot as well as a few hours later. I brought it for a potluck Creole dinner and it was a hit! I kept all the bacon drippings in the pan once I took the bacon out and it gave a wonderful flavour to the onions. I'll use this again and again!
Very tasty green beans, I used my home canned green beans, 4 slices of bacon. Then followed the rest of the recipe. Thank you for another tasty recipe.