Recipe by Lavender Lynn
from All recipes
Top Review by Annacia
This recipe was a big hit with last night's moose roast. We have a senior friend who I enjoy having for dinner and he joined us last evening. He's not a big veggie fan but he always has a small serving (I think it's just to make me happy) but after the first taste of the beans he went back for more with a smile and compliments. Excellent recipe that I'll use many times in the future. We all enjoyed it.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 6 slices bacon, thick, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Stir in green beans, bacon, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning, and black pepper. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt.