Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
from All recipes
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 6 slices bacon, thick, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Stir in green beans, bacon, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning, and black pepper. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
Yum. I really enjoyed these. As already said, kind of the standard southern beans but kicked up a notch. I love anything Cajun/Creole so this was a good variation that I'll make again. Thanks Lynn for sharing. Made for For Your Consideration tag.
What a yummy way to make green beans!!! It reminds me of the normal Southern way, with the bacon and onion, and then you add in the twist of the Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. I did switch some things up, I used a can of French Style Green Beans and then I also cut back on both the Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper for my wimpy palate!!! We had this with Zesty Cajun Skirt Steak, baked potato and garlic bread for one awesome meal!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
We loved this! I made it with fresh green beans that I trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.