Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
For those weeknights when the dinner hour sneaks up quickly and catches you unaware, don't pick-up the phone and order pizza -- Give this delicious, quick and easy seafood recipe a try. It's a feast for both your eyes and palate, yet it requires very little effort. These creole-seasoned Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs marinate and cook in less that 30 minutes!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sea scallop, crescent-shaped muscle removed
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine (Chablis works well)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried whole dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (OR to taste)
- frozen artichoke heart, thawed and halved
- 12 fresh mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pitted ripe black olives
- 4 -6 long metal skewers
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Prepare your barbeque grill: Before firing up, coat the rack with cooking spray and set 4-inches above the heat source.
- Wash the seafood and gently pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Combine the next ten (10) ingredients in a shallow glass dish. Add the scallops and shrimp, gently tossing to coat. Next, add the artichoke hearts and continue to gently toss. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove the seafood and artichokes from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium-high flame; boil for two (2) minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Thread skewers: Scallops, shrimp, artichokes, mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives, alternately - until all pieces are used.
- Place kabobs on the pre-heated barbeque grill over low heat; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until done (scallops should be opague and shrimp pink). Baste frequently with the reserved marinade. Serve over cooked rice with lemon wedge garnish. A simple tossed green salad will make this delicious meal complete!