Recipe by Annacia
Cold rice works best in this recipe. If possible, make the rice a day ahead, and store it in the fridge. If you're in a hurry, follow Step 1 to cool it on a baking sheet.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This came together easily and both looks and tastes fabulous! We used Recipe#502857 for the Creole Seasoning called for in the recipe. We kept it fairly mild, but depending on the cayenne in the seasoning mix, this could also be pretty spicy; the Andouille sausage has a nice heat to it anyway. Enjoyed making it and the family enjoyed eating it. Made for World Tour 9.
- 236.59 ml uncooked long-grain rice
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 7.39 ml creole seasoning, divided
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g andouille sausages or 226.79 g smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (green part only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for water. Spread cooked rice in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Cut chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces, and toss with 1 teaspoons Creole seasoning.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes; add sausage, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in okra and remaining 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Increase heat to high; add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with sliced green onions, and serve immediately.