Found this recipe in a chile pepper flyer. Spicy green beans served with a zesty dip. Yum! You may adjust the cayenne to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chipotle chile, in a adobo, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1For the dip:.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients thorougly until well combined. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Green Beans:.
- 4In Dutch oven, heat canola oil over med-high heat.
- 5In med. bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, cayenne, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- 6Pour buttermilk into large bowl.
- 7Dip beans into buttermilk, and dredge in flour mixture,
- 8Fry immediately in oil, working in small batches.
- 9Remove from oil, drain, and reserve on paper towel lined dish.
- 10When finished frying green beans, dust with paprika, and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve with dip.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Fried Green Beans With Thyme-Chipotle Dip
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 199.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g