1/1 Photo of Creole Eggs
English muffins topped with hard-coiled egg slices and a tasty tomato based sauce. This is done in the microwave, so is quick. Cooking times listed are approximate, depending on wattage of your microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons louisiana hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 English muffins, split in half
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1Place onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, bay leaf and butter in a 2 quart glass measure. Cover with plastic wrap. Cut a small slit in plastic wrap to vent. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- 2Drain liquid from tomatoes into a small bowl; set aside.
- 3Add tomatoes to vegie mixture in the glass measure. Add tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and paprika; stir well. Cover again and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- 4Using a small wire whisk, blend cornstarch into reserved tomato liquid. Stir mixture into heated sauce. Cover again. Stirring midway through cooking, microwave on high for 3 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
- 5Toast muffins, place 2 halves on each plate, and top with sliced eggs. Top with sauce; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 388.2 mg
- Sodium 698.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g