Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I kinda forgot where I got this from. I make these eggs not for breakfast, but usually for dinner. It's a nice change.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or just whatever you need)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, with green chilis
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce
- salt or pepper
- 6 -8 eggs
- Heat the oil in a 10 inch skillet, and add the onions and peppers. Saute about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute another moment or two.
- Add the tomatos, tomato paste, hot sauce, and simmer on low heat for about half and hour. You may add some water if the sauce is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make 6-8 (depending on how many eggs used) indentations in the sauce using the back of a large spoon or ladel. Break eggs ONE AT A TIME on a saucer, slideing the eggs on the stewed vegies where you made the indentation. Cover and cook about 10 minutes, or until eggs are set to your likeing.
I left out the tomato paste as I really didn't think it needed it and I always end up wasting the rest of the can. I made these in ramekins for individual servings. Worked great.