Recipe by Tish
Another easy recipe you just can go wrong with - freeze ahead or eat right now! Enjoy :)
Top Review by Heydarl
This was a nice, easy recipe. I prepared it on the weekend using thigh fillets & froze, thawed it overnight in the refrigerator & cooked tonight when I got home. Served with rice. I found the sauce very thin, but the taste was lovely. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with basil and oregano (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 3⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix all ingredients but the chicken together.
- Place chicken into a prepared baking dish, and pour sauce over the top. Bake until chicken juices run clear - about 45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts.
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To cook from the freezer: Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear *See above cooking times.