Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another easy recipe you just can go wrong with - freeze ahead or eat right now! Enjoy :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with basil and oregano (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 3⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix all ingredients but the chicken together.
- Place chicken into a prepared baking dish, and pour sauce over the top. Bake until chicken juices run clear - about 45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts.
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To cook from the freezer: Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear *See above cooking times.
This was a nice, easy recipe. I prepared it on the weekend using thigh fillets & froze, thawed it overnight in the refrigerator & cooked tonight when I got home. Served with rice. I found the sauce very thin, but the taste was lovely. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
Very nice recipe. We had this tonight for dinner. I followed the recipe as directed and froze. I thawed the chicken overnight and baked for about 30 minutes (boneless). It was not spicy and I will likely make it again.
We found this recipe to be pretty good, but will probably not make it again. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the recipe, just a matter of taste. We froze two dinner's worth of this dish. The first night we cooked it in the oven. My husband liked it that night, I found it just o.k., but we both thought that reheated leftovers the next day tasted sort of off. The second time we made it in the crock pot and it was better, but leftovers still not so great. We store leftovers appropriately and ate them promptly, it just had a different flavor the next day. I can't put my finger on just what isn't tasting right. This dish was easy to put together, though, and froze nicely.