Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is for play in ZWT 9 - Cajun/Creole. The recipe is from a website called Nola Cuisine - Celebrating the Food and Drink of New Orleans Louisiana!, posted by danno. With a texture like velvet and the flavor of frozen cheesecake, I can't wait to try this ice cream.
- Combine the Cream, Milk, Sugar, and Vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until the mixture just starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Put the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl, then temper the yolks with a little of the milk mixture.
- Combine the two mixtures. then return them to the saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook the custard until it coats the back of a wooden spoon, 2-4 minutes, DO NOT BOIL.
- Strain into a mixing bowl and refrigerate until chilled, at least a few hours (you want it very cold before it enters the ice cream machine).
- Meanwhile, combine the Creole Cream Cheese and Sour Cream then put them through a fine mesh sieve, mashing them through with the back of a wooden spoon.
- When the custard is cold, fold in the Creole Cream Cheese and Sour Cream.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- For a soft ice cream serve as is or freeze overnight for a firmer ice cream.
- Beautiful with fresh fruit sauce of your choosing.