Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from www.letscookfrench.com and posted here for ZWT5. NOTE: after making this recipe, I have made some edits to the original recipe (it had too much mayo and it didn't give enough direction for the avocados).
- 2 avocados, not overly ripe
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 10 crab sticks, chopped (I actually used canned crab)
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped herbs (chives, thyme, basil or whatever you like)
- salt & pepper
- Steam the rice and let it cool.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, salt & pepper, lemon juice, ketchup and tabasco.
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the inside, leaving a small amount all around the skin to keep it sturdy. Set aside the skins.
- Dice the avocado.
- Sitr together the crab, mayonnaise mixture and the cooled rice. Then fold in the avocado and tomatoes. Taste the mixture and add any additional salt/pepper or seasoning that you like.
- Fill each avocado half with the prepared mixture, sprinkle with chopped herbs and refrigerate until serving.
I scaled this back to use 1 avocado and used fresh crabmeat and a generous splash of tobasco and thoroughly enjoyed for lunch (ended up eating 1 1/2 of the mix and was absolutely stuffed), definately would make a generous entree to a meal (1/2 an avocado that is). Thank you JanuaryBride, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #51 April 2011.