Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from The Times-Picayune by Marcelle Benvenu.
- 1 cup bacon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion tops, chopped
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartillage
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, pre-baked until lightly brown
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon and green onion in large skillet over medium heat until the bacon is slightly crisp.
- Remove from heat and add the crabmeat and toss gently to mix, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and milk, season with salt and cayenne.
- Spread the crabmeat mixture evenly in the bottom of pie crust.
- Pour in the egg and milk mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pie crust is browned and the mixture sets.