Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this over hot, cooked rice or in baked pastry shells.
Make and share this Creole Crab recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, diced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shell pieces
- In heavy skillet, saute mushrooms in half the butter until they start to give off their liquid; remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt remaining butter; saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add drained tomatoes and season to taste.
- Stir in half and half and flour, mixing until smooth; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens.
- Add the reserved mushrooms, pimiento and crabmeat; heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or in heated pastry shells.