Serve this over hot, cooked rice or in baked pastry shells.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, diced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shell pieces
- 1In heavy skillet, saute mushrooms in half the butter until they start to give off their liquid; remove from pan and set aside.
- 2In same skillet, melt remaining butter; saute onion and garlic until soft.
- 3Add drained tomatoes and season to taste.
- 4Stir in half and half and flour, mixing until smooth; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens.
- 5Add the reserved mushrooms, pimiento and crabmeat; heat thoroughly.
- 6Serve over hot cooked rice or in heated pastry shells.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Crab
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.7
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 232.5 mg
- Sodium 932.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 56.6 g