Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a simple recipe, but that's where it stops. This is full of flavor and can be paired with so many things. It's a great side dish for pork chops, blackened fish and chicken. You may leave out the okra, and substitute green onions or red bell pepper.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn (may use fresh frozen)
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh okra, chopped fine (optional)
- Fry bacon pieces.
- Add corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and
- okra, if using.
- Cook 30 to 45 minutes so as not to be soupy.