Recipe by graniteangel
This is my own creation. I had a couple bags of Community Coffee and decided to create a drink. I was inspired by the Spanish coffee, and wanted to go with a rum base due to the fact that "Creole" style in general is very prevalent in the caribbean. And seeing that New Orleans is very Creole in of itself and has many wide influences from the Caribbean, I figured this recipe would come close authentic wise. Plus is DELICIOUS!
- 3⁄4 ounce Bacardi 151 rum
- 1 1⁄4 ounces coconut rum
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Godiva original chocolate liqueur
- 4 ounces strong chicory coffee (Like community coffee, french market or CDM)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- sugar, for rim
- 1 dash cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the rim of a 8oz glass mug with sugar (wet edges with sweetened lime juice or water and then dip into container of sugar).
- Add the 151 rum and light on fire with match or long tipped candle lighter. gently swirl lit rum around the glass to caramelize the sugar on the rim. Add dash of cinnamon to firey rum to toast.
- Immediately add coconut rum, chocolate liquor and chicory coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream and top with dash of coco powder.
- Serve immediately.