Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dinner Tonight from Cooking Light
- cooking spray
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups frozen bell peppers, stir-fry thawed (such as Bird's Eye brand)
- 1 cup frozen cut okra, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add pepper stir-fry and next 6 ingredients (through red pepper), stirring to combine.
- Pour tomatoes over chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 3 minutes.
- Add parsley and butter, stirring until butter melts.
This is very yummy, but I had to make a few adjustments to really make the flavours pop. After I had finished making the dish, it had good potential but the flavours were too weak/bland, so I added a clove of garlic and a few tablespoons of a smoked pepper and eggplant spread that I had on hand. That slight change really made this dish amazing, and I'm certainly making it again! This dish has so much potential, and with a bit more, it really blows you away. Thanks for posting! *Made for Spring PAC 2009*