Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lotsa flavor here...spice it up to your liking! Try adding red pepper flakes for more heat.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 ounces sliced bell peppers (yellow, orange, green, red)
- 1 cup canned okra, with juice
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes, halved (about 20 tomatoes)
- 2 ounces chopped celery (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free margarine
- 3 teaspoons cajun spices or 3 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- cooked brown rice
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray.
- Add chicken and thyme and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned.
- Add peppers and celery and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add okra, tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, and Splenda, and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add margarine and parsley and mix well. Serve over hot rice.