1 hr 10 mins
lovestocook #6's Note:
I got the idea for this recipe from #39087 and expanded on it. The recipe for slow roasted tomatoes is from Delish.com The roasted tomatoes give this sauce a really great, rich flavor. I usually make a bunch and freeze them for later. Way better than sun-dried tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced fresh zucchini
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 halves slow roasted tomatoes, choopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups half & half light cream
- 16 ounces linguine
- 1Cook linguini according to package directions.
- 2Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- 3Coat with creole seasoning.
- 4Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large non- stick skillet.
- 5Brown chicken on both sides until done, cover and keep warm.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and add zucchini and red pepper, saute for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- 7Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds more.
- 8Add half and half and bring just to a boil,.
- 9Add Basil, black pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 10Add chopped spinach and roasted tomatoes.
- 11Bring just to a boil and reduce for about 20 minutes.
- 12Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- 13Pour sauce over cooked linguini and toss to coat.
- 14Top with sliced chicken.
- 15For slow roasted tomatoes, slice plum tomatoes in half length wise and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with dried thyme,course salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook at 325 for 90 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.4
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 441.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 36.7 g