Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got the idea for this recipe from #39087 and expanded on it. The recipe for slow roasted tomatoes is from Delish.com The roasted tomatoes give this sauce a really great, rich flavor. I usually make a bunch and freeze them for later. Way better than sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced fresh zucchini
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 halves slow roasted tomatoes, choopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups half & half light cream
- 16 ounces linguine
- Cook linguini according to package directions.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Coat with creole seasoning.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large non- stick skillet.
- Brown chicken on both sides until done, cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add zucchini and red pepper, saute for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds more.
- Add half and half and bring just to a boil,.
- Add Basil, black pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add chopped spinach and roasted tomatoes.
- Bring just to a boil and reduce for about 20 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over cooked linguini and toss to coat.
- Top with sliced chicken.
- For slow roasted tomatoes, slice plum tomatoes in half length wise and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with dried thyme,course salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook at 325 for 90 minutes.