Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This recipe is great for recycling the leftover chicken or turkey in your fridge.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
I chose this recipe to make in memory of Amy. Wow, what a terrific, simple recipe. Well written, easy to follow instructions make this a great recipe for a flavourful meal my whole family enjoyed! Love you Amy!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken or 1 cup cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and cook the onion, garlic, and celery for a few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water, bay leaf, salt, and cayenne and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about an hour.
- Stir in the green pepper and chicken.
- Cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve over steamed rice.