Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is great for recycling the leftover chicken or turkey in your fridge.
Make and share this Creole Chicken for 2 recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil and cook the onion, garlic, and celery for a few minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water, bay leaf, salt, and cayenne and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about an hour.
- Stir in the green pepper and chicken.
- Cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve over steamed rice.
I chose this recipe to make in memory of Amy. Wow, what a terrific, simple recipe. Well written, easy to follow instructions make this a great recipe for a flavourful meal my whole family enjoyed! Love you Amy!
I selected this to make in memory of Amy. The recipe is well written and made a delicious dinner for 2. It is really great for recycling leftover chicken.
I made this tonight, for me and DD. I made it as written, except for using no salt added tomato sauce. We thoroughly enjoyed it. This dish is easily made due to the simplicity of the ingredients. They are always on hand in my pantry. It will also lend itself well to add ins of various veggie and meats. This recipe will go into my For Two Cookbook, to be made many times, here. Thanks Redneck, for such a tasty and versatile recipe. May your eternal rest be undisturbed.