Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my husband's favorite dishes.
Make and share this Creole Chicken Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces dry pasta, any kind will do
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- shredded parmesan cheese, to serve
- Combine spices in a bowl, and toss with chicken pieces, with 1 teaspoon seasoning reserved.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat, add chicken pieces and cook until done, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, begin cooking pasta.
- Add evaporated milk, tomato paste, seasoning and green onions to the chicken, and heat through, bring to a boil to thicken as desired.
- Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta to the chicken and sauce.
- Serve with the Parmesan & enjoy!
When my DH saw the sauce, he said "I thought you said alfredo?':lol: We're just used to WHITE alfredo. This is very good and a change of pace. I did use more garlic powder and the recipe never stated WHEN to add the reserved tsp. of seasoning, so I added it with the evaporated milk. Turned out very good with a hint of sweetness. Thank You. Made for The French Forum tag game.
It was okay. Quick fix for a work night.