Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband really liked this. Spice it up if you like by adding more cayenne pepper and paprika. Maybe even some tabasco sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut into 1" cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1⁄2 water
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 c water, paprika, cayenne pepper, bay leaf and a little salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Serve over rice.
Very easy to prepare, has a nice taste! I should have made a lot more of it, So I could go back for seconds. I added a little more cayenne than the recipe called for so it had a nice little kick.
Delicious! It was so easy to throw together, and had such great flavors. I used 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper by mistake, and was afraid it would be a bit too spicy, but it was perfect!
A very quick easy recipe that is full of flavor. I kicke it up a notch but otherwise followe the recipe. I am thinking of the possibilities, adding shrimp or crawfish. Very tasty, thank you.