Prep 30 mins
Cook 27 mins
I meant to update this a long time ago; we made this about a year ago (I am about to make it again, it is just slightly involved - dirties the kitchen - and the dinner is pretty fattening, so I want to avoid doing it weekly) and it was GREAT! This is yummy, would be good for casual parties.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 onion, medium and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, medium sized, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, medium sized, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 32 ounces catfish fillets
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add corn, onions, bell peppers; saute' until tender. Stir in salt and pepper; remove veggies and keep warm.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, and creole seasoning in large shallow dish; dip fillets in buttermilk, dredge through flour mixture.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter with oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fillets in batches until golden both sides (2 to 3 minutes). Remove and arrange on plates with veggies.
- Add cream to skillet, stirring to loosen any particles on the bottom of the pan. Add chopped basil and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes.
- Serve fillets with sauce and garnish with basil.