Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this one yet. I like stove top recipes and this one looks easy.
Make and share this Creole Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add chopped onion, pepper, garlic and butter to meat mixture.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and chopped cabbage.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook until cabbage is tender.
I made this last week and my entire family loved it!! I have 3 kids under the age of 7 and this was a huge hit!! I also made some cornbread to go with it for the hubby & kids, they said it was so good together! It has really good flavor and taste just so yummy!! Im making it again today!
We really enjoyed this cabbage dish tonight -- it's a nice filling dinner all on it's own or you can serve it over rice. I liked the addition of the rotel tomatoes, but it could use a little more seasoning -- maybe some cajun spices to give it a little more kick. Made for ZWT9 - Cajun/Creole, July, 2013.
I do not know why I didnt review this but posted a picture of it! Man I am slipping! lol This was a terrific casserole that reminded me of cabbage rolls without all the work. Loved the spiciness coming from the Rotel! WTG Charlotte!