Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This shrimp is deep fried and then coated with a very spicy buffalo sauce. Not for the faint of heart! I love this served with bleu cheese dressing for dipping. Prep time includes resting time in the refrigerator.
Top Review by I Cook Therefore I Am
I can not rave about this recipe enough! I only wish I could give it more stars!! When I first started making the recipe I was just going to halve it because it was only my husband and I eating dinner, but then decided half way through to just make the whole thing and am I ever glad that I did. We ate a whole pound of shrimp this evening. The only meat that I eat is seafood, but I really miss some things that I used to eat and buffalo chicken is one of them. Thanks goodness I finally found something to replace it, and actually I think I like buffalo shrimp better than I ever liked buffalo wings! Dreamgoddess, thank you so much for posting this recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, creole seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder, and black pepper in a zip lock bag.
- Shake the bag to mix the flour and spices.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water; place in the bag and shake to coat the shrimp.
- Lay the shrimp in a casserole dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest; do not discard the seasoned flour.
- Combine the minced garlic, butter, hot sauce and cayenne in a saucepan; heat until the butter is melted and keep warm.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and re-coat with the remaining seasoned flour.
- Place the shrimp in the hot oil and fry about 2-3 minutes, or until pink; fry in batches if necessary.
- Immediately coat with the spicy buffalo sauce and serve.