This recipe is from Emerils cookbook "Emeril's kitchens", which is basically a compilation of recipes from all of his restaurants. This one is from Delmonico's Steakhouse. It is really easy prepare despite all the ingredients. It is absolutely the best shrimp cocktail I have ever eaten.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 1/4 cup creole seasoning or 1/4 cup Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 (3 ounce) box zatarain crab boil
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 lemons, 2 halved,1 cut into 6 wedges
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 head garlic, cut in half horizontally
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1FOR SHRIMP:.
- 2In a large bowl toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the creole seasoning or essence.
- 3Coat evenly.
- 4Combine 3 gallons water, the Zatarains boil, salt, remaining 2 tablespoons of creole seasoning, the 2 halved lemons, onion, celery, bay leaves, and garlic in large stockpot.
- 5Bring to a boil and taste.
- 6The salinity of the water should be that of saltwater.
- 7Add the shrimp and cook stirring frequently until pink and cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- 8drain in colander, transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- 9FOR CREOLE SEASONING:.
- 10Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 11Store in an airtight container for up to three months.
- 12FOR COCKTAIL SAUCE:.
- 13Combine all ingredients and whisk well.
- 14Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- 15Will keep in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- 16Serve shrimp with the remaining lemon cut into wedges and the cocktail sauce.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Boiled Shrimp Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 230.4 mg
- Sodium 7843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: