Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
If you like it hot or spicy, this is your bloody mary. I tasted this and HAD to have the recipe. Shhh, the bartender would be fired if I gave his name. Although he didn't give me the actual recipe, he told me what some of the ingredients were, and the rest was up to me. ;) I think I nailed it.
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 2 1⁄2 ounces canned bouillon, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Pickapeppa Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes pickapeppa hot red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, if desired (optional)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- celery rib (optional)
- Shake all ingredients with ice in a shaker. just until chilled.
- Strain over fresh ice in 2 12 oz. glasses. Sprinkle lemon pepper lightly over both drinks. Add celery stick if desired.
WOW! A real show stopper for me! Bouillon is the secret ingredient here!
I've been making this recipe for years. Hands down it is the very best! The recipe is from Brennan's in New Orleans, and was printed in Playboy magazine early to mid eighties. The original recipe called for 2 tablespoons of worcectershire sauce. A word of advice, only use Campbell's beef broth. Any other brand isn't rich enough.
I just found my new favorite bloody mary!!! Creole anything makes me happy (love spicy). I think the Pickapeppa souces listed are key to the proper flavor in this drink! Glad I was able to finally get a hold of some!**Made for beverage tag 2008**