Creole Black-Eyed Peas and Rice
- Rinse black-eyed peas and place in a large pot. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a medium heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 1 hour. Drain and rinse peas.
- Return peas to pot and add a few dashes of salt. Add 1½ cups of water, cover, and simmer on medium heat for 35 minutes.
- Chop onions and peppers and mince garlic. Slice sausage in small pieces. While beans are simmering, melt a tbsp of butter in a pan on medium heat. Add onions, peppers, sausage and garlic and cook about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mixture into the black-eyed pea pot. Add parsley, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, oregano, thyme, and hot sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to medium-low, and cook 45 minutes. Serve with white rice.