Recipe by loof
Tender beef in a flavorful sauce - serve over hot cooked rice.
Top Review by Annacia
I cut this back to two servings and used the crock pot because of the heat. I used the ingredients ask for with big chunks of stew beef and it came out tender and yummy after 2 1/2 hrs on low. this will be back again during the cold weather. :D
- 3 lbs sirloin beef tips or 3 lbs stew meat
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Saute in oil until well browned.
- Add celery and green pepper and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add parsley, oregano, garlic powder, basil and chili powder. Cook 15 minutes over low heat, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes and water. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender. Remove cover during the last 10 minutes or so to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.