Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this while searching the web for French recipes for ZWT 3, so haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. Sounds like an interesting twist for your average avocado.
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 (12 ounce) can crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped herbs
- salt & pepper
- Steam the rice and let cool.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, salt & pepper, lemon juice, ketchup and tabasco.
- Cut the avocados in half.
- Scoop out the inside and set aside the skins.
- In another bowl, blend together avocado pulp, crab meat, mayonnaise mixture and the cooled rice.
- Fill each half avocado skin with the prepared mixture, sprinkle with chopped herbs and refrigerate until serving.
*Reviewed for Zaar World Tour 3* Easy to make and the flavours blended well. The avocado and crabmeat went well together. I'm not a big fan of cold seafood....so 3 stars from me and an extra one from my husband