Recipe by Member #610488
A sophisticated meal yet easy to prepare.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
This recipe had a unique blend of flavors. I really liked the sweet potato, apple and pecan combination. I would never have thought to mix the tomatoes, honey mustard and balsamic together in one recipe, but it worked. My husband and daughter raved about the chicken (the seasoning and cooking method were great). Thank you for a creative twist to our meal. Made for ZWT9 and the Soup-A-Stars
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups apples, sliced (use red ones like Gala or Braeburn)
- 1 cup celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (Hunts, use the one with sweet onions)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard (Gulden's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce, torn
- 6 tablespoons pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with Creole seasoning.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place chicken in single layer in skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place chicken in baking dish, cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Set skillet aside.
- While the chicken bakes, pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Cook in microwave on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Cool slightly; peel and dice.
- Place the remaining oil, potatoes, apple, celery and undrained tomatoes in skillet used for chicken. Place over medium heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until celery is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar, mustard and salt.
- Cut each chicken breast into thin slices. For each serving, top 1 cup lettuce with about 1 cup apple-sweet potato mixture, 1 sliced chicken breast and 1 tablespoon pecans.